This policy describes how we The Escape Hunt Experience Barcelona use your personal data when you use our website (barcelona.escapehunt.com), our game app (The Lost Temples) or when you participate in one of our Escape Hunt branded experiences. Please note that this policy does not cover the global website or Escape Hunt branded game rooms outside of Spain. We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained within this policy.
Room Escape Barcelona, SL (The Escape Hunt Experience Barcelona), as responsible for the website, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (RGPD) regarding the protection of natural persons as regards the treatment of personal data, and by Law 34/2002, of July 11, of services of the information society and electronic commerce (LSSICE), communicates that it has implemented the necessary security measures, technical and organizational nature, to guarantee and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data entered.
You can read or print this whole policy. We use sub-headings to help you find specific information that you may be looking for more easily, including information about:
WHO WE ARE AND HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Identity: Room Escape Barcelona, SL
Fiscal address: C. Roger de Flor, 326, 1st 1st, 08025 – Barcelona
Via email: [email protected]
Or by post:
The Escape Hunt Experience Barcelona
- Nàpols, 255, bis, 08025-Barcelona
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Personal data that you provide to us. There are lots of ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may register on our website, post on social media sites that we run, or contact us in connection with one of our Escape Hunt experiences that you would like to make a booking for, have already made a booking for or that you are participating in. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and date of birth. We will also collect some information about your booking(s) such as the game(s) you have booked to play, the date, time and location and the names of any participants you are booking on behalf of.
- Personal data about your use of our website. This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, your visit login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and when you left, what pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
- Personal data we receive from 3rd parties. If you are a participant in a game that has been booked by someone else, they may have provided us with your name when they made the booking.
- CCTV images. We use CCTV in our venues for security and safety purposes. We also use CCTV in the game rooms to enable the Games Masters to assist the players. Images captured through CCTV are monitored in real time only and we do not record or store CCTV images. Notices are clearly displayed in our venues.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- send you some service emails related to your booking(s) for example but not exclusively: a confirmation once your booking is successful, a reminder email containing some useful information about your booking and a thank you for taking part.
- provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences (see How we use your personal data for marketing)
- if you have provided us with your date of birth and have opted into marketing emails, we may send you some birthday treats
- manage and administer our business
- review and improve our goods and service
- personal data about your use of our website is used:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
We inform you that The Escape Hunt Experience Barcelona can have a presence on social networks. The treatment of the data that is carried out of the people who become followers in the social networks (and/or carry out any link or connection action through social networks) of the official pages of The Escape Hunt, will be governed for this section, as well as for those conditions of use, privacy policies and access regulations that belong to the social network that corresponds in each case and that have been previously accepted by the user.
The Escape Hunt will process your data in order to properly manage your presence in social networks, informing you of activities, products or services of the provider, as well as for any other purpose that the regulations of social networks allow.
The publication of contents is prohibited:
- That they are allegedly unlawful by national, community or international regulations or that they carry out activities that are allegedly unlawful or contravene the principles of good faith.
- That threaten the fundamental rights of people, lack of courtesy in the network, annoy or may generate negative opinions in our users or third parties and, in general, any of the content that The Escape Hunt deems inappropriate.
- And in general that contravene the principles of legality, honesty, responsibility, protection of human dignity, protection of minors, protection of public order, protection of privacy, consumer protection and intellectual and industrial property rights.
Likewise, The Escape Hunt reserves the right to withdraw, without notice from the website or the corporate social network, those contents deemed inappropriate.
Communications sent through social networks will be incorporated into a file owned by The Escape Hunt, which will send you information of interest.
In any case, if you send personal information through social networks, The Escape Hunt will be exempt from any liability in relation to the security measures applicable to the platform in question and, if the user wants to know, should consult the conditions corresponding individuals of the network in question.
WHEN WE NEED YOUR CONSENT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
- we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you
- we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
Please refer to the section on How we use your personal data for marketing to read about marketing consents.
PERSONAL DATA YOU ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO PROVIDE
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide our goods or services to you.
YOUR RIGHTS TO KNOW WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD AND TO CONTROL HOW WE USE IT
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you – this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us by email to [email protected]
You also have rights to:
- prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes (see How we use your personal data for marketing for further details)
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes
- object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
- restrict our use of your personal data
- require that we delete your personal data
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office, Agencia Española de Protección de Datos website at www.agpd.es
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
We do not make use of automated decision making.
WHEN WE WILL SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We share your data with the following people in the day to day running our business:
- other companies that are part of the The Escape Hunt Experience Barcelona group of companies
- any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with goods or services that you have requested from us. For example, we are required to share data with our booking engine provider and payment processors when you make a booking with us. We will also share data with our email service provider in order to send you service or marketing emails.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
- you make an enquiry about our goods or services
- you buy our goods or services
- you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our goods and services
- you have registered on our website, or at one of our locations and have indicated during the sign-up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications
We may also send you marketing communications by email if you give us your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe from those at any point by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each emails.
We never share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
WHEN WE WILL SEND YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
We use Bookeo to process bookings.
We use MailChimp as our Email Service Provider who are certified with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
We use Stripe.com to process payments.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data, please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out in the section above.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Agencia Española de Protección de Datos which you can do by visiting www.agpd.es Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, Agencia Española de Protección de Datos.
HOW WE KEEP THIS POLICY UP TO DATE
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (www.escapehunt.com) or you can contact us (see Who we are and how to contact us) to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number shown at the end of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.
This is policy version which came into effect on 25th May 2018.